IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:25 am 

Source: PWInsider

PWInsider is reporting that the Undertaker is confirmed to face CM Punk at WrestleMania.

According to their report, Undertaker is expected to return shortly, possibly as soon as RAW this Monday night. Punk's promo this past Monday where he referred to himself as an "icon" was to set the stage for the match.

You can check out the full article by clicking here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:45 am 

well no shit sherlock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 am 

Eager to check out the promos leading up to it..... I just hope that The Undertaker is in good enough shape to work a great match at WrestleMania despite all of his physical problems.

B. Spec_Productions, Inc. - Be Spectacular
"Love Is A Battlefield" - Pat Benatar (1983)
http://www.youtube.com/MrBrightWave
http://www.youtube.com/SpectacularSunset
IYH is bringing the moniker, professional wrestling, back to form!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:53 pm 

It seems like punk is pretty banged up too. I think they will still have a good match.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 pm 

The build up should be pretty well-done...The fact that nobody believes Punk will actually win, though, kinda takes away from it.

I'd love to see Brock vs Taker, but seeing those pics of him, and how slow he was moving during the RAW 1000 show...I dont think he could take that kinda beating from Brock.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:45 pm 

theultimatebeef wrote:
\The fact that nobody believes Punk will actually win, though, kinda takes away from it.

I'm a fan of both Punk and Taker, but this is precisely why I am not looking forward to this match. Why would you want to watch a match of which you already know the outcome? I prefer things that are dramatic... where you don't know who the winner and loser are going to be. That's what makes for a good story arc. I think the most exciting thing that could possibly happen at any wrestlemania is for the undertaker to lose. Now THAT would be a wrestlemania moment.

If that doesn't happen, I'd prefer it if he just wrestled at summerslam or some other pay per view instead of mania so that the whole "streak" thing wouldn't be involved in the match.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 pm 

WWE needs to throw out the "wrestling 101 handbook" and come up with some really unpredictable stories.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:49 pm 

Did anyone really think Michaels or Triple H were going to win the past 4 years against Taker? Nothing has changed in that regard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 pm 

JFTR wrote:
Did anyone really think Michaels or Triple H were going to win the past 4 years against Taker? Nothing has changed in that regard.

No, and I wasn't excited going into those matches, either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:58 pm 

JFTR wrote:

Exactly, the match is just a Wrestlemania staple. And the streak should never be broken anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm 

If I were booking them, I'd definitely have Taker lose at mania. No one would see it coming. There are so many different stories you could do following that, it would be a writer's goldmine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:12 pm 

If Undertaker lost at Wrestlemania all that would happen is that people would complain about how they ruined something special and how they "dropped the ball on the storyline".

Secondly I don't see how Undertaker losing to anyone helps anyone. All it does is kill Undertaker's one match a year bullshit. I mean seriously who would care about the Undertaker match at WM without the streak on the line?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm 

JFTR wrote:

Exactly. The last few Taker matches at WM have been good, but it's hard to fully enjoy it when you already know he isn't going to lose.

That being said Punk is going to have a lot of carrying to do. Taker looks horrible these days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm 

Thank you bubba you said it perfectly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm 

JFTR wrote:

I don't know I had doubts about Shawn Michaels and Triple H but still doesn't change my point that it doesn't matter. Its a brand now for Wrestlemania. As long as you have someone credible vs. Undertaker your going to gather interest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 pm 

Personally I think this year's Wrestlemania has had a crappy buildup and is really predictable so far, at least when it comes to the main attractions. The Triple H Vs. Brock match is being held for Triple H to win because he lost last time. Rock Vs. Cena 2 is happening so Cena can win because he lost last year. And with Taker Vs. Punk, yeah we always know Taker is going to win. I agree with the point that Taker Vs. Someone Credible will gather interest, and Punk is one of my favorites on the roster, however...he hasn't looked too strong in the past 5 to 6 months. He has lost to The Rock twice, lost to Cena last Monday, and he couldn't beat Ryback without The Shield's assistance on a few different occasions, now they want to book him against Undertaker and make us believe that he might be able to beat him in a 1 on 1 contest, for a streak in which Undertaker is 20 and 0? It just doesn't seem logical to me. I guess they still have some time to build Punk back up. Hopefully they do, I know Taker and Punk can have a great match, I just hope they can build up a little credibility for punk to where it seems like he might actually be able to win.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm 

Its good for 'Taker to face Punk. He doesn't weigh too much, he'll be easy to Tombstone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm 

DannyCory wrote:
Personally I think this year's Wrestlemania has had a crappy buildup and is really predictable so far, at least when it comes to the main attractions. The Triple H Vs. Brock match is being held for Triple H to win because he lost last time. Rock Vs. Cena 2 is happening so Cena can win because he lost last year. And with Taker Vs. Punk, yeah we always know Taker is going to win. I agree with the point that Taker Vs. Someone Credible will gather interest, and Punk is one of my favorites on the roster, however...he hasn't looked too strong in the past 5 to 6 months. He has lost to The Rock twice, lost to Cena last Monday, and he couldn't beat Ryback without The Shield's assistance on a few different occasions, now they want to book him against Undertaker and make us believe that he might be able to beat him in a 1 on 1 contest, for a streak in which Undertaker is 20 and 0? It just doesn't seem logical to me. I guess they still have some time to build Punk back up. Hopefully they do, I know Taker and Punk can have a great match, I just hope they can build up a little credibility for punk to where it seems like he might actually be able to win.

^this, so much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:30 am 

DannyCory wrote:

but why is predictability a bad thing? you want unpredictable? Go watch the trainwreck that was Wrestlemania 25 where you had Taker vs. Michaels in a goofy feud and two title matches clearly thrown together with even worst storylines than taker vs. Michaels. That year is a disaster.

Also 99.9% of Wrestling fans predicted Cena would win last year so don't assume its predictable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 am 

Punk Taker will be a good match can hardly wait to see this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/slickwog#video=xs4xbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 pm 

xtremefalls43 wrote:
but why is predictability a bad thing? you want unpredictable? Go watch the trainwreck that was Wrestlemania 25 where you had Taker vs. Michaels in a goofy feud and two title matches clearly thrown together with even worst storylines than taker vs. Michaels. That year is a disaster.

Also 99.9% of Wrestling fans predicted Cena would win last year so don't assume its predictable

I don't always want unpredictable, sometimes wrestling has to be predictable to enhance a story line, or because sometimes you just have to give the fans what they want and have good triumph over evil. I get that. I am just saying that if all of the big matches on this WM card go the way it seems they are going to go, then I'm not going to enjoy this Mania as much as past year's Manias. You know Taker is going to win, which is fine, but why have a HHH vs Brock II and a Rock Vs. Cena II unless you are going to give us different outcomes than the last time? I just hope on one of those two matches that they will prove my theory wrong. Maybe Rock wins again, or Brock wins again. I don't think Mania 25 was all that great myself, other than the Taker Vs. Michaels match. Again, to me, that mania was actually really predictable. I think WM29 is going to be right in that category. Also, I think the 99.9 percent of people thinking Cena would win last year statistic may be a little off. I don't know many people that thought that at all. They were in the Rock's hometown last year. They weren't going to have The Rock come back just so Cena could beat the Rock in his own backyard. Rock was already in talks with WWE about doing a Cena Vs. Rock II match before the first one even happened, so that he could win the first one and Cena could win the second one. It seemed most of the people that I talked to, and most of the dirt sheets I read last year saw Rock winning well in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:58 pm 

I just want them to do more off-the-wall heel turns like they did in the Attitude Era. Like, they need to have Cena come out and just kill a baby and eat it all of a sudden for no apparent reason. That would definitely make me watch Raw.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 pm 

Hahahaha. Yeah, back in the Attitude Era they could turn anyone heel and anyone face and it didn't hurt them. They seem to have too many eggs in the Cena basket these days to where they just don't think they can function with a heel Cena. Just the way they felt about Hogan, then WCW had the balls to do it, and look what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 pm 

Yeah because when something unexpected happens, it's exciting. Jesus, what a concept.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm 

A couple months ago they booed the living shit out of Cena when he came out and tossed Ziggler into the barricade when Ziggler tried to cash in. He made this facial expression that was simultaneously pissed off and smug, it was great. At that moment, I was like "man this guy could be an awesome, natural heel." They won't do it, though, because they're fucking pussies and they don't want little jimmy and little susie to cry about it.