IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 pm 

As seen last night on WWE RAW, Kevin Owens’ weight was brought up by Randy Orton in a segment that saw Orton take (what was seen as) a cheap shot at the former NXT Champion. Orton asked Owens if he put on a little weight, and Owens simply said ‘no’.

This comment was reported to be deliberate, as there are still apparent issues with Owens’ look with some WWE officials. It’s being said that some people in WWE are still against Owens and think he will fail, and may even want Owens to fail to prove themselves correct in their assumptions. The Observer’s Dave Meltzer originally said on his radio show (after Owens tapped at WWE Battleground) there are two groups; those for Owens, and those against him, and they are in the middle of a game to see who is right about him succeeding or failing in the company.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:51 am 

I think Owens is (er, was) a refreshing jolt to the title picture, and I like his character. But of course, any potential was ruined when he became just another toady for Cena; he probably even has an assigned locker next to Rusev.

I love that he's worked so hard for so long to get here; I also love that they DIDN'T put the belt on him right away (re Curtis Axel, et al). But I think they've already ruined any potential title run. And if he's not pissed about it, he needs to reconsider his priorities. Of course, he'll probably make as much this year as the rest of his career in total, so I can understand why he would flow with it.

I think he should be around for awhile. And I love that he's gotten to where he is looking like he does. He's the perfect caricature of the junior high bully.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:17 am 

La Blue Guy, thanks for digging up this unpleasant nugget that the WWE is trying to exorcise by Richard Simmons.....

All those repeat what Ron says below....

Gee, seems the WWE has forgotten or they are highly arrogant.

WWF/E & other Wrestling promotions was built on us "fat asses" fans & wrestlers, King Kong Bundy, George "The Animal" Steele, Yokozuna, Kamala, Andre "The Giant", Mabel, Earthquake(John Tenta), Rikishi, Tugboat, Big Boss Man, Big Van Vader, Gorilla Monsoon, and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan(that wasn't muscle he was sporting later in life taking on the likes of the Ultimate Warrior). That's just the short list there's more except I wouldn't be able to place the photos,(cause I don't know the limits of the I.Y.H on photo posting)

http://www.holytaco.com/12-wrestlers-who-taught-us-the-importance-of-fat/
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/579624-favorite-overweight-fat-wrestlers.html

^"I'm not fat I'm Flabulious"

"Hail To Thee, Fat Person"
by Alan Sherman
"I would like to explain how it came to pass that I got fat.
Ladies and gentlemen, I got fat as a public service.
When I was a child, my mother said to me,
"Clean the plate, because children are starving in Europe."
And I might point out that that was years before the Marshall Plan
was ever heard of.
So I would clean the plate, four, five, six times a day.
Because somehow I felt that that would keep the children from starving
in Europe.
But I was wrong. They kept starving. And I got fat.
So I would like to say to every one of you who is either skinny
or in some other way normal--
When you walk out on the street, and you see a fat person,
Do not scoff at that fat person. Oh no!
Take off your hat. Hold it over your heart.
Lift your chin up high. And in a proud, happy voice say to him,
"Hail to thee, fat person!
You kept us out of war!!!!"

Well if the WWE is going to Neutasystem their wrestlers. Raw &/or Smackdown, if they keep up with this homogenized version of wrestling it will be rather boring. The difficulty will be hard to sit 3 hrs without watching one wrestler in the match shaking the ring floor around his opponent before the big bomb off the toprope(or second rope depending on the size of the rear).....

I'll get off the soapbox, since it's the degree of one dog barking somedays, since the only thing WWe understands is money....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:09 pm 

WWE needs good quality heels that aren't afraid to act like heels, and Kevin Owens could be the number one heel in the business. Hopefully the people behind the scenes in the WWE who like him will win the day.