IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 pm 

Vader and the Steiner brothers are just a couple names that come to mind. With the booty daddy talking crazy, I doubt we will see that during his life time. Boo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:29 am 

The Steiners as a team maybe, but not individually. Vader for sure.

Luna Vachon??? The Brawler??? (Hey, a jobbers' hall of fame???)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:59 pm 

realIOWA wrote:
The Steiners as a team maybe, but not individually. Vader for sure.

Luna Vachon??? The Brawler??? (Hey, a jobbers' hall of fame???)

As for the Jobbers Hall of Fame, I would put in S.D. Jones, Iron Mike Sharpe, Steve Lombardi, Barry O, and headlining the night with the main event spot....give a pat on the back to Barry Horowitz.

As for future inductees to the WWE Hall of Fame, Undertaker, Kane, the Rock, HHH, Big Show, Mark Henry, are all locks to get in when they retire from active competition. Beyond that, guys like Vader, Sting, Lex Luger (maybe) from WCW could go in. As for the women, Luna Vachon, Victoria, Molly Holly would be my top three picks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:57 am 

Special Delivery was a total fave!! Iron Mike was capital Hilarious. I almost mentioned Horowitz but then forgot to. I'm having a brain cloud -- remind me of Barry O?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:24 am 

realIOWA wrote:
Special Delivery was a total fave!! Iron Mike was capital Hilarious. I almost mentioned Horowitz but then forgot to. I'm having a brain cloud -- remind me of Barry O?

Barry O is Barry Orton, the brother of Cowboy Bob Orton Jr. (Randy's uncle). Although he worked in the WWF at the same time as his brother, the WWF never acknowledged that they were brothers on TV.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:04 am 

Sandman, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Raven, Taz, I'd love a whole ECW wing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:36 am 

Ecw definitely needs to be represented. Sabu changed the game

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:30 pm 

I'd love to see ECW talents be recognized, but guys like Joey Styles, Taz, Sabu, RVD, Shane Douglas, and Tommy Dreamer are the longest of longshots to get in. I can see Paul Heyman and the Dudley Boyz getting in eventually because they work for WWE, but I don't know about the other guys.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:15 am 

Bill Apter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:28 pm 

Quote:
Barry O is Barry Orton, the brother of Cowboy Bob Orton Jr. (Randy's uncle). Although he worked in the WWF at the same time as his brother, the WWF never acknowledged that they were brothers on TV.

Totally have no recollection of this one. And I come from back in the Bob Geigel, Missouri Mauler, the Viking, Harley Race era/territory, and have seen WWE as far back as Bruno. My favorite as a kid was Sailor (among other monikers) Art Thomas. Got his autograph once. No clue what happened to it. Course that was 50 yrs ago.

Quote:
I'd love to see ECW talents be recognized, but guys like ... Sabu ... are the longest of longshots to get in. I can see Paul Heyman and the Dudley Boyz getting in eventually because they work for WWE, but I don't know about the other guys.

Was it not Sabu that revolutionized wrestling? That in itself should be enough, regardless of his other, er, actions. The Dudleys getting in before Sabu would be a travesty. Somebody else may have become first, but it wasn't somebody else. It was Sabu. Ask Heyman. And by the way, Heyman getting in for any category would just simply be the apex of a boyhood dream. Whatever his role and whatever his ability, I've always respected his audacity and desire when it came to becoming and being involved in the business.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:12 pm 

realIOWA wrote:
Quote:

Totally have no recollection of this one. And I come from back in the Bob Geigel, Missouri Mauler, the Viking, Harley Race era/territory, and have seen WWE as far back as Bruno. My favorite as a kid was Sailor (among other monikers) Art Thomas. Got his autograph once. No clue what happened to it. Course that was 50 yrs ago.

Superstars of Wrestling used to be on TV on Saturday afternoons in the 1980s. Barry O was on the show all the time, always jobbing to guys. I don't think he ever won a match in the WWF. I only found out that he was Cowboy Bob's brother when I saw a picture of the two of them in one of the "Apter mags" that I used to buy in the 1970s and 1980s.

Quote:
I'd love to see ECW talents be recognized, but guys like ... Sabu ... are the longest of longshots to get in. I can see Paul Heyman and the Dudley Boyz getting in eventually because they work for WWE, but I don't know about the other guys.

Was it not Sabu that revolutionized wrestling? That in itself should be enough, regardless of his other, er, actions. The Dudleys getting in before Sabu would be a travesty. Somebody else may have become first, but it wasn't somebody else. It was Sabu. Ask Heyman. And by the way, Heyman getting in for any category would just simply be the apex of a boyhood dream. Whatever his role and whatever his ability, I've always respected his audacity and desire when it came to becoming and being involved in the business.

The Hall of Fame speech from Heyman could be the highlight of the night, even if he doesn't main event the show.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:27 am 

Excellent point!! I would look forward to that speech as much as I did Bobby Heenan's. He delivered quite well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:15 pm 

Bobby Heenan had the best speech in my opinion. That shit was inspirational. We need George South in the jobber hall of fame. He can cut a four hour promo on how things aren't being done properly