IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fast Lane Spins Out
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:05 pm 

All the pieces for the WrestleMania main event are in place, and it looks like it will be HHH defending the WWE title against Roman Reigns. The storyline looks like Reigns will defeat HHH and get his WrestleMania moment at the end of the night, holding the title above his head with confetti "reigning" down on him as the show goes off the air.

Quite possibly, we could see the fans in Texas Stadium cheering the heel HHH and booing the face Reigns, thereby messing up WWE's plans to make Roman the next guy.

But Roman is not the next guy.

I cannot get behind a guy who seems to put into a position as the next "Super Guy", after John Cena. The finish was not believable, as Brock sold the chair shots from Dean Ambrose like he was dead, but Roman did not. Yet, Dean sold the spear from Roman like he was dead, lying flat as a pancake while Roman pinned him. The win certainly made Roman look like a carbon copy of John Cena.

BUT WHAT WE DO NOT NEED IS A JOHN CENA CLONE.

I know this may be a longshot, but I hope that somehow someway, WWE inserts Dean Ambrose into the main event of WrestleMania to save the main event. Because if they don't, this main event could be a disaster.

Well Headyverse, what do you think?

Post subject: Re: Fast Lane Spins Out
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:41 am 

They were cheering HHH on raw over Reigns. As for raw, ...

WHY was it necessary to set up all of the wrestlemania matches in one night? The blockbuster opening was awesome, and was plenty to keep things going for the evening. But the folks in Detroit got an awesome show. Unless there are major things planned for the coming weeks, the raw crowds can only be disappointed from here on. They could easily have set up, ie finalized WM matches over the coming weeks. Another example of gripes I've aired here before.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:47 pm 

realIOWA wrote:
They were cheering HHH on raw over Reigns. As for raw, ...

WHY was it necessary to set up all of the wrestlemania matches in one night? The blockbuster opening was awesome, and was plenty to keep things going for the evening. But the folks in Detroit got an awesome show. Unless there are major things planned for the coming weeks, the raw crowds can only be disappointed from here on. They could easily have set up, ie finalized WM matches over the coming weeks. Another example of gripes I've aired here before.

I can't emphasize it enough....but I'll try.

You're right about HHH. THEY WERE [b]CHEERING[b] HHH while he beat the crap out of and bloodied Roman Reigns. If you looked very closely at some of the fans at ringside while this was going on, they had smiles on their faces and were clapping their approval of what used to be a "dastardly" heel move by HHH in years past. However, because the fans are not behind Roman Reigns, this was applauded by the fans. I am wondering if WWE will need to use plants in the crowd or a creative use of editing to get people cheering for Roman Reigns on TV to crate the illusion that he is over with the crowd.

As for the rest of Raw, regarding Shane McMahon (???????????????) VS Undertaker, when I saw this, I thought it was confirmation that Vince McMahon had completely lost his mind. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a storyline that will reveal Taker's real opponent at WrestleMania because I can't see Shane returning to WWE, even on a part time basis, unless things aren't going well in China, or wherever his business ventures are taking place.

P.S. Shane, get a dye job. That hair makes you look older than Vince.

How about this for a Mania match - Ryback VS Goldberg? Vince may not like Goldberg, but with a thin roster, and a need for marquee matchups, I'd give Goldberg a phone call.

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesner in a street fight. Finally, here's a match that I am actually looking forward to watching.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm 

The whole intro (I admit I missed the award ceremony) was a good bit. The only disappointment I had was the undertaker's name being taken in vain. I fully expected Mr McMahon to be the opponent (I know - he's OLD), with a reconciliation before the match was over. And unless one of the good old swerves is coming, you are right about it. I just keep feeling that with Vince involved, there HAS to be a silver lining somewhere that, when revealed, will be great (Steph is a factor, as she won't let him get away with this of course). I kick myself for even thinking it. Can you imagine the conversation among Vince and UT setting this up? And does UT really want Shane to be his last opponent?

Well anyway, we have our tickets, so we'll get to see it unfold. My daughter (11) is totally psyched. She told me she wrote down a goal when she was 8 to see a WM live before she was 15. I didn't know that when I bought the tix. She said her first order of business tonight is to look up Shane and figure out who he was. Sigh.

And by the way, I'm slightly miffed about the Godfather's induction. Granted, Kama was a failure, but Papa Shango was a classic! I know I am in the minority here, because GF was a much better liked character, but there were some writing flaws back then too (one of his Hos was the Hardcore Champ for a few minutes -- sheesh). Everything Shango did though (especially to Warrior) was good. I doubt most people know Charles Wright by name though. He was with us in the NWC as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:37 pm 

If 50 year old Undertaker were to take on 70 year old Vince McMahon, it would be a shoot death match with the loser actually dying in the ring. So instead, Taker is facing greying 46 year old Shane McMahon in a Hell in a Cell Match. I really hope this is NOT going to happen. In fact, this matchup makes me pine for John Cena....yes, JOHN F'n CENA to recover from his surgery and get back in time for Mania.

As for the conversation between Taker and Vince, I can only imagine Vince telling Taker that Shane will be his Mania opponent, and Taker's response being, "Vince...are you out of your fucking mind?" Hope you've got good tickets up close because with a Hell in the Cell there, you won't see anything unless you're staring at the Titan Tron. I sat ringside for Mania 18 and Unforgiven 2006 (where DX shoved Vince's face into Big Show's ass in HITC match), and couldn't see everything in the HITC match.

I hope Godfather shows up in a flashy outfit and gets his phrases like "pimpin ain't easy" and "ho train" in his speech. He should be entertaining.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 am 

Actually, I meant Vince vs Shane. Didn't want UT in this conversation at all! I gotta assume Seth is going to have a significant impact, whether this match or another.

Quote:
I hope Godfather shows up in a flashy outfit and gets his phrases like "pimpin ain't easy" and "ho train" in his speech. He should be entertaining.

Astute comment.