IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

I think it was one of the biggest mistakes I can remember

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:16 pm 

Even if the original plans for Survivor Series went ahead with Seth Rollins Vs. Roman Reigns, I believe Sheamus was still going to win the title. I think the WWE's "big picture" is to have Sheamus be a transitional champion who drops the title to either Roman Reigns (so Brock Lesner can win the Royal Rumble to set up a WrestleMania rematch) or Brock Lesner (with Reigns winning the Royal Rumble). Fans may be up in arms in the immediate term with Sheamus cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase but rest assured that he will not (or should not) head into WrestleMania still wearing the belt. He may hold it for a couple of months at most, but I see Reigns or Lesner beating him by Royal Rumble at the latest, forwarding the overall storyline.

I think even the powers that be in the WWE realize that Sheamus is NOT the next guy. I wish that they would also realize that Roman is NOT the next guy either and do something different, like put the belt on Dean Ambrose and make him the next guy, as an anti-Authority PG Steve Austin babyface. It would be a good idea, but it does look like we'll see either Roman or Brock get a WrestleMania moment in Texas next year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:12 am 

That was his reward for taking out Daniel Brian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:49 am 

I followed his career since his early days in Irish Whip Wrestling never liked him , Even his WWE debut sucked and what was ages ago don't know why they keep going back to the well try someone who's over

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:45 pm 

Changed Man wrote:
I followed his career since his early days in Irish Whip Wrestling never liked him , Even his WWE debut sucked and what was ages ago don't know why they keep going back to the well try someone who's over

They keep going back to Sheamus because he's Hunter's project, but like I said, he's a transitional champion. Also, considering Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, and Cesaro are injued, Brock Lesner and Undertaker work part time and John Cena is off doing a reality show, it also seems WWE needs to use Sheamus by default, even if he's not over and is already a failure as WWE champ. Just look at how he was booked last Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:48 am 

It's just more proof that the WWE lacks talent. That should be fucking obvious because after Triple H's huge statement "We don't need anyone from TNA" they rehired the fucking Dudley's because their tag team division is the drizzling shits, with the exception of the New Day which has actually been quite entertaining. The revolving door isn't moving because they are too nervous to take on anyone from the indies due to the ratings being in a huge slump because they didn't wisely re-invest in the business earlier. Writers are left with the same characters and have to try to write PG story-lines that all end in John Cena winning, but when their golden boy wants to take a vacation, they are absolutely screwed and they start dumpster diving for ideas that they threw out months, if not years ago. At this point I have to agree with Jack, and this was an issue we fought on several times, but goddamn how the fuck does Marc Henry still have a fucking job? I'm also afraid as a fan to re-invest my interest in a Kane story-line, just to see the WWE tear him back down to bitch status after Cena comes back. Anybody hoping for Roman Reigns to step up, I've got a news flash for you, that's a fucking dead end because any success he does have will be credited to The Rock, and Roman's more interested in making movies than wrestling at this point probably. The diva's division is still stuck with the god awful Bella twins holding everyone down, despite whatever Stephanie tells them to do, and even though Flair's daughter may hold the title now watch her ass get buried once Flair opens his huge mouth on a podcast while he's been drinking on a Tuesday night wondering what happened to all his WCW money. It has pretty much almost happened already, and I'm sure given time Flair will fuck up Charlotte's position in the company, because that man could fuck up a free lunch. Anyone coming up from NXT seems to be put on the new job squad, Kevin Owens is just proof of that since they actually had the great idea of making him look good only to job him out faster than a Bushwhacker getting eliminated from the Royal Rumble. I'm sure Triple H was praising Christ almighty when Alberto Del Rio came back, but the writers keep putting him into the same old tired boring story of "The Evil Mexican" versus "John Cena, American Golden Boy" and now its not even over the world title, its over the US Championship. Clearly nobody trusts Del Rio to do anything, and since Del Rio fucked up his relationship with AAA, the WWE is the only place he can go to make a decent paycheck, which means he's going to have to lick shit for the rest of his career. What else is left to say? I'm afraid that after Cena there will be no more golden boys to carry the company, and I'm actually genuinely worried for what the future holds, which is most likely the death of the WWE. Back in the good old days you kept a revolving door of jobbers, ham and eggers, and working wrestlers moving from fed to fed who may have been virtual unknowns, but that was the entire point, at least they were there to make certain heels look good so that when those heels went on to lose at pay per view matches, it actually meant something. Now its just the same old ghosts doing the same old jobs. Now we are stuck with tit for tat politics running wrestling where nobody who works for the fed want's to lose straight up to make anyone look good unless it's John Cena, then they know they will get something back for losing to the company's golden boy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:43 am 

Just a pointless reign. I hate when they do these short title reigns.

'Britains Little Muffin'
IYH Hall of Famer
and the man whose wrestling views are the best in the world

@nikhilkalhan92

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 am 

Just look at Raw on Monday. It's like I was saying a while back regarding the falling ratings. It wasn't long before Vince was back on TV in full Mr. McMahon mode, inserting himself into the world tittle picture by making himself the special guest ref for the upcoming Sheamus VS Roman title match. They've tried to make this League of Nations into some dominant heel faction, but Roman came out and made all of them, Del Rio included, look like the JOB Squad, with the exception of Sheamus. But I see Roman prevailing over Sheamus next Monday because the big picture is Roman VS Brock at Wrestlemania with Sheamus in the mid card, if he stays healthy until then.